Dr. Cindy Cassell, Ph.D., RD, LD, is a nationally known nutrition expert based in the Greater Cincinnati area and has been a practicing dietitian and sports performance nutritionist since 2000. Dr. Cindy founded Nutrition Access LLC in 2002 to provide nutrition education and counseling to clients motivated to improve their health, well-being, and athletic performance.
Dr. Cindy has counseled thousands of clients in the areas of:
- Sports nutrition
- Performance nutrition
- Addiction and mental-disordered eating
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Weight management
- Food sensitivities and allergies
- Women’s health
- Pre and post-op surgery
- Risk factor management
Clients receive cutting edge nutrition advice developed from evidence-based research translated into practical and workable nutrition action plans. Dr. Cindy’s programs also include ongoing follow-up and supportive programming tailored to an individual’s nutrition and performance goals.
Dr. Cindy’s past accomplishments as an NCAA All-American athlete in Track & Field and Cross Country at Purdue University, a competitive runner who completed several marathons and triathlons, and a track and cross-country coach for Seven Hills School provided a unique insight into building peak performance.
Since 1998, Dr. Cindy has also established herself in the agriculture community. She runs her family farm, Vista Grand Ranch, raising and selling American bison and poultry. Dr. Cindy has been a 4H advisor for over 15 years and is a Past President of her county’s Farm Bureau.
Education and Credentials
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN); Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist (LDN) in the state of Ohio
- Member, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND); Member of the following practice groups: Sports Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutritionists (SCAN), Dietitian in Functional Medicine (IFM), Weight Management (WM)
- Specialized training in Integrative and Functional Nutrition, Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM)
- Interdisciplinary Doctorate (Ph.D.), University of Cincinnati
- Registered Dietitian Internship at Northern Colorado University and rotations at Mercy Hospitals in the Greater Cincinnati area
- Masters of Education, Health Promotion, University of Cincinnati
- Bachelor of Science, Exercise Science, Purdue University
In addition to personalized programs, Dr. Cindy is a national speaker for Sports Nutrition conferences and the NCAA. She regularly presents to corporations, professional associations, collegiate and high school athletic teams, first responders, coaches, athletic trainers, community organizations, and medical staff. Dr. Cindy presents on various topics, and she can customize a presentation to your organization’s needs.
Dr. Cindy has been a featured expert for local media:
- “Health Talk” radio show for 13 weeks on local Cincinnati airwaves WLW
- Nutrition segments for Channel 19 FOX in 2017-2018 in her role as a University of Cincinnati Fitness and Nutrition expert.